Health & Safety
Annual Health & Medical Record (AHMR)
- The AHMR is valid for 12 months from the date it is completed.
- Parts A (Informed Consent, Release Agreement, and Authorization) and B (General Information/Health History) must be completed by all participants in any event.
- "All participants" includes parents, guardians, siblings, youth, staff, and unit leaders.
- Part C (Pre-Participation Physical) must be completed for events lasting more than a total of 72 hours, "even if split into multiple weekends."
- Part C must be completed by "certified and licensed physicians (MD, DO), nurse practitioners, or physician assistants."
- NOTE: If an individual exceeds the maximum weight for a given height as listed in the height/weight chart in Part C, and the "planned high-adventure activity will take [the individual] more than 30 minutes away from an emergency vehicle accessible roadway, [the individual] may not be allowed to participate."
Scouting Safely -- Links to all BSA safety resources
Tour & Activity Plan
The Tour and Activity Plan has been eliminated.
As of 1 April 2017, units are no longer required to submit any plans
for official Scouting activities to council for review.
This is the only change to the BSA rules, regulations, and policies
regarding official Scouting activities. Everything else remains the same,
including requiring permission slips from parents/guardians for youths
and annual health and medical records for all participants.
The BSA's official explanation of this change can be found in
the "Tour and Activity Plan Terminated FAQ" on Scouting.org.
You can also read about the changes in "BSA's Tour and Activity Plan
Eliminated" on the Bryan on Scouting blog on ScoutingMagazine.org.
The Guide to Safe Scouting has been updated to reflect the elimination
of the Tour and Activity plan. You can download a PDF copy of the latest
Guide to Safe Scouting from this page.
Ohio Camping Trips
Ohio Campgrounds and Parks
Ohio Hiking Trails
National High Adventure Trips
Passport to High Adventure -- Challenge and inspire older Scouts
BSA High Adventure Bases